Tuesday, July 3, 2007

this and that

I am sorry that I have mistakenly deleted a few comments. I am still learning and I sometimes hit the wrong button. Your comments are important to me so keep sending. Even if I deleted, I got your message!

The bouganvilla is cursed. The more I water and fertilize, the worse it looks. Bubba will hate to hear this, but I will soon give up on it. It's too hot and humid right now to grow anything.

Recounting the idea of my doing "stupid" things over the weekend, I left this one out......I was watering the fig tree in Aunt Dottie's backyard. It seemed to be parched and the abundant crop of figs seemed to be withering up. As I bent over to place the hose at the roots, I rammed my head into a branch that had been cut off. That contributed greatly to my poor physical condition, and now I think that her fig tree my be cursed as well.

Two women my age have drowned at Tybee this summer....both out for early morning swims alone. The latest one happened on Sunday. Her death was discovered when she floated up next to a surfer. What some people don't realize is that water out there that looks so beautiful is very dangerous. It grabs whoever it chooses and it doesn't let go. Just so you know.....I never swim alone.

Everyone enjoy your fourth doing what you love to do.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi...I have just figured out how to leave a comment on this blog. Pretty cool. I also just found out that The Girl had passed and I have to say that it made me a little sad. I didn't see her often, but she was always good entertainment when we were at the house, even though dad didn't really care for her, but he doesn't like anybody's cat.

Cathy Cleland said...

I am very glad to hear from you on my blog....Slowly, people are figuring out how to leave a message. Thanks for sending your condolences about my cat. Sorry to hear that your dad disliked her....I didn't know.

Estelle said...

Must keep the figs in shape, too good
to let them go bad.
So sorry about your head.
Hope the fire works were
enjoyable.