Tuesday, July 24, 2007

they leave on thursday

Bubba, Amanda, and my precious grandsons will leave on Thursday afternoon to head back home to Louisville. I will stay behind, left with the very empty and quiet apartment.

It will be hard......I have gotten very attached, but that is the lot of grandparents. You love them and hold them close for a time and then send them back to their real home. I know that Mark has missed them and I thank him for letting them stay for such a long visit. I pray that this has been a fruitfful time of study for him.

Amanda has spent a lot of time shopping for things to sell on e-bay. She has a lot of work to do when she gets home. We have found some great bargins on clothes and shoes for Jake....the wonder boy. I don't buy much for Eli as he wears Jake's much loved hand-me downs. The favorite toys were a stuffed version of "rocket" of Einstein fame and a child size grocery cart.

Amanda has a wonderful new hair-do, she had a make-up makeover at Sephora, and she has spent her birthday money on a few new clothes. She looks great and she feels great and I am so thankful for everyone who prayed to get her where she is.

For her birthday her dad and I gifted her with a new digital camera. We now have about two hundred beautiful pictures as memories of our time together.

We took everybody to one of our favorite restaurants on Sunday evening. "Sweetwater" is the best. We feasted on prime rib and crab cakes and the boys were perfect. Eli drifted off to sleep just when our meals came. Jake ate his french fries on his brand new Einstein placemate which kept him fully entertained.

Today we went Chinese at PF Changs. It was so good. Everything went well until the end of the meal when Jake grabbed a handful of garlic noodles and stuffed them in his mouth. They must have set his mouth on fire because he started crying really loudly. We gave him some lemonade to cool him down and then he reached for more. We quickly exited at that time.

It's funny about this blog.....people are always telling me how much they love it, but they rarely respond. My neice wrote me an e-mail today to say that reading it is better than reading a book. I like that compliment!!!

I don't write to get repsonses....I write for the sheer pleasure of writing. Anyway....thanks so much for reading.

No comments: