Friday, July 20, 2007

i've never seen blue like that before

They intrigue me.....people's eyes. They say so much without speaking a word. They are the window to a person's soul and they reveal so much. When someone loves you it is right there in their eyes. I love blue eyes the best....I get lost in them.

Jake and Eli both have the most incredible blue eyes......and when they smile it fills my heart with joy. Little Eli smiles constantly. He can barely take his bottle for smiling back at me. His eyes are large and his eyelids don't open all the way. Jake's eyes are so beautiful and now he is using them to explore the world around him.

I love to look at the world through Jake's eyes. All of the wonderful things about children are present in this little boy. He doesn't miss a thing and he is learning so fast.

He calls the interstate highway the "go" and he will stand with me holding him in the big picture window in our kitchen looking at all of the different modes of transportation that can be seen. He cries when I have to put him down.

Jake and I spent a good bit of time in the Barnes and Noble bookstore today. He loves books as much as I do. I'm looking for a book to read at the beach on vacation in a few weeks and he was looking for "Little Einstein" books.

Think about God's eyes for a minute and take joy at reading this verse.....

"For the eyes of the Lord move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His." 2 Chronicles 16:9

No comments: