Saturday, July 21, 2007

"dran-daddy"

Jake calles Bubba "drandaddy." He wants to be in Bubba's domain over by his chair doing various and sundry guy things apart from the women. He especially likes Bubba's big, silver toenail clippers. They become a racecar along the arms of the lazy-z-boy. Jake's imagination is what's so intriguing to me.

Bubba and I are keeping the boys this afternoon. Amanda went on a shopping jaunt by herself and you would think that she was going to Cinderella's ball.

Everything was going so well toward the one o-clock nap time. I had just changed two poo-poos and Eli was falling asleep in my arms with his bottle. I laid him down and off he went.....the little darling.

Bubba was just bringing Jake to his nap when we realized we didn't have the "happy" (pacifier).
We searched the house and it was not to be found. I called Amanda and in her joy at leaving she had taken it with her in her purse. She told us where one might be in the "gypsy cart" that we keep in the van.

Sure enough we found another "happy" which I confidently offered to Jake. He was outraged....it wasn't the right one. He started wailing and went over and searched through the diaper bag himself to no avail.

Amanda called and to the whole sad story she said...."just put him down and put that one in the bed and if he doesn't like it he will have to deal with it." That's easy for someone twenty-five miles away from the situation to say but it worked.

I put him down expecting the worst and I got the best.....I didn't hear a peep out of him. I don't know whether he's using the pacifier or just went to sleep without it. It really doesn't matter. Hopefully we have two hours to rest before everything starts over again.

"Drandaddy" is already asleep in his chair with no little boy to play with....."grammy is heading to the sofa with a book........sleep on little angels we love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SOUNDS LIKE DRANDADDY AND GRAMMY
NEED A VACATION AT THE BEACH. I THINK IT WILL WORK WONDERS.
GIVE ALL OF THEM A HUG FOR ME!!
ECD