Sunday, July 15, 2007

can't find the words

So often when I pray it is difficult for me to find the words to praise God adequately. I come up short.....my praise seem empty and trite compared with His power and grace and love. God's Word tells us that when we get to heaven we will be able to praise Him perfectly as we were created to do. I cannot wait to let it all out!!!

Today at church we sang the hymn "The Love of God," by F.M. Lehman. It struck me as I was singing the third verse that he too had set about to praise God's love and he articulated it so well:

"Could we with ink the ocean fill,
And were the skies of parchment made,
Were every stalk on earth a quill,
And every man a scribe by trade,
To write the love of God above
Would drain the ocean dry,
Nor could the scroll contain the whole,
Though stretched from sky to sky.

O love of God, how rich and pure!
How measureless and strong!
It shall forevermore endure
The saints and angels song.

The old hymn writers got it, didn't they?

Moma fell out of her wheelchair yesterday for the second time. She was taken to the hospital in an ambulance. She checked out okay and they brought her back to the nursing home. She has such a resiliant spirit....nothing gets her down. I had just left Savannah the day before.

I thank God that I know He is in control of my mom's situation and that He knew I would be gone when this happened.

No comments: