Monday, July 2, 2007

rainy days and mondays.....

The unexpected death of my cat was the start of a downward spiral that is still spiriling downward. What can I say....it was a shock and my body always reacts to stress in a negative way. Mostly I hurt all over and feel weak and tired.....which is how I've felt for the last few days. Then I progress into the phase where I start to do things that are stupid. That happened last night about 9:00.

I had been busy making shrimp salad from scratch. We were bringing moma to the condo for an outing today and I was making some things that I knew she would like. I got the shrimp all cooked and peeled and deveined and cut up and then I decided that I needed to take the shrimp peels to the dempster-dumpster. It was raining and lightening, but I wasn't worried about that...I just love storms.

So I gathered all of the trash, looked longingly at the bed that I would get in as soon as I got back, then headed out, pulling the door tightly behind me. Then something dawned on me and I felt sick to my stomach......I had grabbed my cell phone but not my keys. I had locked myself out of the condo in the pouring rain.

I called Bubba in Arlington, VA, and got mad at him because he said there was nothing he could do. I called Frankie and he was home, cozy on the sofa, relaxing. He came and rescued me once again. I turned out my light at 11:30.

Moma had a bad day and didn't get to come. I took the "picnic" to the nursing home.

It's still raining and I'm still spiraling.

No comments: