Thursday, July 5, 2007

dancing till the stars go blue

and red, and white and gold and green....the fireworks were beautiful last night. I saw several shows at the same time while sitting on the comfort of my deck. Hilton Head had three different displays and Daufauski had a small one. I could also see the ones from River Street in Savannah. The weather was beautiful all day yesterday and there was a cool breeze that made everything delightful.

I celebrated my freedom by taking a three hour hard and fast asleep nap yesterday afternoon. It felt so good and I feel refreshed today. I hope everyone had a marvelous break!

As we celebrate "freedom" I set forth that we are not truly free unless we are "in Christ." Jesus said this to the believers gathered around Him, " If you abide in My Word, then you are truly followers of mine: and you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32

Apart from Christ we cannot know the "truth." We can only know what the world tells us and that changes all the time. Jesus told His followers to abide in "His Word." That is the only place while we are in this world that we can find absolute truth.

Notice I didn't say go to church and you will find the truth. Sadly, the modern church has gotten so far away from the truth in its frivolous preaching that it is no longer viable.

God says in Proverbs 8:17

"I love those who love Me: and those who diligently seek me will fine Me."

Each one of us who picks up God's Word and prays for God to reveal Himself to them through it will be rewarded with understanding.

May we all clebrate that we are truly free....Cathy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"frivolous preaching".... is that a blanket condemnation?

Cathy Cleland said...

No!!!! "frivilous preaching" does not apply to anyone I know personally. Surely you must know that.

It does apply, sadly, to many who have the most amazing opportunity to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ and choose to fill that time with jokes, stories, and everything but the pure meat of God's Word.

God's true church will stand firm until Christ returns. Nothing can destroy it. Praise God for His promise on that.

We have a great church in Washington that truly glorifies God in every way.

My point in writing this blog was to encourage believers to read, study, and apply God's Word in their own lives.

We can know the truth and it will set us free!!!