Wednesday, July 11, 2007

boiled peanuts

Most people hate them....some of us love them with a sort of passion that we don't have for anything else. Amanda begged me yesterday to buy another bag full and they are cooking right now. The hard part is the cleaning. I was doing that with one hand while holding Eli in my other.

Boiled peanuts are a Southern thing....all you can get anywhere else is a can full of slimy goo that hardly resembles the real thing in any way. The best way to eat them is right after they are poured up from the boiling pot standing over the kitchen sink.

I know a few people who share this passion with me.....and another thing, I think if the truth were known, I have been trained to eat them faster than anyone else.

Amanda and Jake just left and I put Eli down for a nap. Evidently he doesn't want to take a nap because he is already up seated on my lap as I type this with one hand. I think while I have him by myself I will start teaching him to be a boiled peanut lover like his grammy. Maybe just the smell in the condo will entice him

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And......How is Eli going to get good peanuts if he is not in the state
that grows the very best......Ha!!
Auntie Estelle