Friday, July 6, 2007

something else to say

Sometimes it is all I can do to step my foot inside the nursing home one more time. I want to turn and run...to breathe fresh air.....to go by mom's or nana's house and see them sitting in their chairs. I've been reading a lot lately and I thank God for His insight and perspective on what I am going through.

The Christian life is all about perserverance, finishing the race, being faithful until the end. What's going on in my life is definitely not what I would choose, but it is God's will for me. I am learning what He wants me to learn.

When I was leaving I went to tell nana goodbye and she got very angry at me when I tried to fix her pillow. She was agitated and I tried to comfort her back to sleep. I hope she has a restful night and that seeing her great-grandbabies on Sunday will bring a little joy.

There couldn't be a better time for me to be reading this book on heaven. I am going slow and digesting and reading again portions that amaze me. Here is a quote from Charles Spurgeon taken from the book:

"Christian, meditate much on heaven, it will help thee to press on, and to forget the toil of the way. This vale of tears is but the pathway to the better country: This world of woe is but the stepping-stone to a world of bliss. And, after death, what cometh? What wonder-world will open upon our astonished sight?"

My prayer is that, in God's perfect timing, these tired eyes, "seeing through a veil darkly," will open with perfect vision upon the magninificent new earth that Jesus is preparing for us.

alethia/truth

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with Bub, the Cracker Barrel
is a must to make any trip better!!
ECD