Tuesday, August 12, 2008

and a very large watermelon

Hi....my name is Cathy and I am a recovering stomach virus.

One minute I feel fine and the next minute I am under my soft and warm hedi-haun (what David called his blanket when he was a little younger) freezing to death.

This morning i had to go fasting to have my blood work done for my normal yearly physical.

I have a feeling that my cholesterol levels and such will be amazing as actually I have been fasting since last Saturday night when all of this began.

As I left the laboratory after a very bad stick and a terrible bruise, I started craving fresh peaches.

Those of you who abide in Savannah know about Polk's Produce Market.....I was drawn there as a martin is drawn to a gourd. This is what I bought:

a basket of peaches
a basket of scupponongs (they are just starting to come ripe and I love them)
a basket of tomatoes
a basket of yellow squash
a basket of okra
six ears of silver queen corn
2 lemons
and a very large watermelon

I came home and ate the peaches as if they were going out of style.

Later, as I was talking to Amanda, she asked if I might be pregnant rather than recovering from a stomach virus.

Anyway.....tomorrow night.......David and his crew will be invited to dinner and we will enjoy everything I bought today.

Except for the sccuponongs which I will keep for myself and the peaches which will be gone.

Heaven knows I must be getting better.......cathy

No comments: