Friday, August 22, 2008

at last a respite

We have had enough rain here in Savannah to last until winter.

For the last two hours the skies have held their moisture. I am not sure that it is over, but its nice to have a respite.

I have loved and enjoyed the last three days......the storm named Fay that wasn't here in Savannah, but was having such an impact.

You know it is God who controls the storms....not mother nature, whoever she is.

Psalm 89:9 "You (God) rule the raging of the sea: when its waves rise, You still them."

God is very powerful you know. There is no created being who can still a wave.

My friend Sandy is doing well. She is in a lot of pain, but they had her up early this morning sitting in a chair. Kelly said she looked good and her numbers are good. Please keep praying for her.

Harry seems to be doing well on his medicine and was glad to get out of the confines of the hospital room. We know he is in God's hands too.

I stayed home all day today because of the torrential rains, which is a rarity for me. I love resting and reading on a rainy day. After talking to Lucy for twenty-four hours straight it was time to be quiet. Yes, she even talks in her sleep.

Let's be thankful tonight for our blessings from the Lord. Even on our sickbeds we can rejoice in the good care He takes of us. As we wait patiently for our bodies to knit back together or our medicine to take effect we can rest in His faithfulness and lovingkindness to us that is new every morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad that Sandy is doing well.
I too stayed home today, the car has not left the drive....it probably thinks that I am sick, which I will be if I have to stay in all day tomorrow, ha!
Estelle