Sunday, August 17, 2008

"the witness in the sky"

An impasse......that is where I am.

A deadlock, a bottleneck, a dead end of sorts.

I am in a situation that I cannot make sense of........there is absolutely nothing I can do but pray and read God's word.

In my life there has always been one more thing I can try, but not anymore. If God doesn't do something, nothing will change and I have to accept that.

Last week I was reading in Psalms and I came to these verses:

"His descendents shall endure forever, and his throne as the sun before me. It shall be established forever like the moon, and the witness in the sky is faithful." (these verses are speaking of the Lord's covenant with King David - Psalms 89: 36&37)

Later while I was praying, I asked God to give me a sign that He was remembering me in this trial that I am going through with my father and my family.

Now I know that we don't ask for signs that prove that Jesus Christ is God's Son or anything like that, but I just asked Him for a brief touch of His glory in my sadness.

This was very early in the morning and I went about the rest of my day not thinking much on what I had asked of Him.

At dusk later that same night as I was closing the blinds in our bedroom, I looked out, and over
the trees was the most beautiful moon I have ever seen.

It literally took my breath away as I remembered the verse I had read in Psalms and my prayer that morning....."the sun.....the moon......the witness in the sky is faithful."

God sent me to that window just in time to see His magestic answer to my prayer. He is faithful, just like His witness in the sky is faithful.

I am at an impasse, but God is not. He is busy accomplishing His will in my life in this situation.

To God be the Glory.........Cathy

No comments: