Thursday, August 21, 2008

blowing a gale

We went down to the beach this afternoon to see what the storm named Fay was doing.

On the balcony of our condo we could hardly stand up the wind was blowing so heartily.

The waves were robust encouraging some surfers and other brave souls to enjoy the water.

We brought all of the deck furniture inside. (just in case)

I think we are getting the tail end of her.....I love it.

I didn't get to take any pictures because my camera is in for repairs.

Sandy made it through the surgery and did very well. They only had to do three by-passes instead of four. The doctor told the family that she was headed for a heart attack so we are glad that they caught the artery damage in time. Thank you all for praying and continue if you will. She has many hard days ahead as she begins her recovery. It was good to be at the hospital this morning with her family.

Our little Harry was hospitalized this afternoon unexpectedly. The doctors are putting him on medication for his seizures and he needed to be monitored. Please keep him in your prayers as well.

Lucy is spending the night with us.....I just finished reading her six books and then down she went.

It has been a very long and sobering day. I am spent....ready to go to bed and relax with my book.

I have done a lot of praying for sick friends and family in the last few weeks. I know that God hears my prayers and acts on them because of verses like this one......

Psalm 62:8 "Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a
refuge for us."

Pray everyone; pray.....God hears and is glorified when we bring our hearts desires to Him.

No comments: