Friday, August 1, 2008

still just relaxing.....

Not much blogging this week........ I needed a little time of rejuvenation to refresh my spirit.

We are still just relaxing and enjoying the beach.

It is amazing how sitting on the beach and listening to the surf hit the shore can take away all of one's stress and make you feel like all of the cares of the world are very far away.

May I encourage you to take care of your soul........If you can't sit on the beach, you can find a quiet place to read and study God's word and to pray.

Read Psalm 86......."unite your heart to fear the Lord." Fear in this verse means to reverence the Lord and stand in awe of him.

What struck me was the phrase, "unite your heart." Our heart becomes divided with all of the cares and distractions of the world.

When we seek the Lord and realize that whatever trial He sends our way is for our good and His glory, we can rest in the goodness of His provision for us.

from paradise.....cc

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy and Bubba,

I needed to read every word of your blog today! What a beautiful post. Thank you for reaching out to your blogger buddies who have come to rely on your interpetation of God's word, and your special encouragement.

Cathy, sounds like you are feeling well and having a relaxing vacation. I'm so happy to know that you decided to go to Hilton Head. You ARE in paradise!

I'm still lifting both of you up in prayer. Praying for YOU, helps ME. This is what God intended.

Love,
Margaret

Anonymous said...

"By God's grace I was born to live in freedom. Free to enjoy the pleasures He created for me. Dear Lord, grant that I may live as you intended, with complete confidence in your loving care"

I read this and copied it. I wanted to share it with you today, Cathy.

Love,
Margaret

Cathy Cleland said...

Thank you Margaret for your kind words. To think that someone I've never met is praying for us is such a grace gift.

I love the quote and I love that we are "free to enjoy the pleasures God created for us."

Kindness is one of the fruits of God's Spirit that lives in us. I always tell Bubba "just be kind to me....that's all I want."

Again, thanks for your kindness....