Thursday, August 14, 2008

seahorses

I remembered right where they were.

There were three of them......one gray and two orange.

Today we took Lucy and Harry to see the fish at the aquarium at the oceanographic center on Skidaway Island.

The seahorses were right where I last saw them twenty-five years ago.

Many of the books that I read to my grandchildren are about or pertaining to things in the ocean. We read about the seahorse creature all the time.

These tiny creatures seem almost mystical to me. I am fascinated by them.

God in His intricate detail created this tiny, amazing, beautiful little fish for our enjoyment and to bring glory to Himself.

How are you tonight? Are you facing a difficult time in the next few days? Look to God and rest in Him tonight.

"Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer;
listen to my plea for grace.
In the day of my trouble I call upon you,
for you answer me.
For You are great and do wondrous things;
You alone are God."

This has been a very difficult week for me. The suffering has been great.......the temptations very strong. My doubt and unbelief unbearable. I am comforted by the verses above.....I hope they do the same for you.

O the depth of the love and the mercy of God for us is beyond my comprehension. c

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy,

Hope that you are feeling better. The countdown begins for us as we take our youngest son off for his freshman year of college (James Madison University) on Monday. Lot's of anxiety and mixed emotions attached to this big event. By Tuesday evening, our nest will be empty and we will start a new chapter in our lives. Our twins will graduate from college in May, so who knows? They may be back at some point. I feel sad and proud at the same time. Youngest is excited to be heading off to college. Hubby is taking two weeks of leave starting today. We'll spend some quality time together by ourselves and catch up on yardwork etc.

Please keep us in your prayers, especially on Tuesday.

I hope you and Bubba have a relaxing weekend planned.

Margaret