Saturday, August 23, 2008

the water in the marsh

High on my list of sights that take my breath away is when the tide brings the water up into the marsh.

Most of the green marsh grass is covered with glistening silver.......the water creeps up to the point where it makes me wonder if it will inundate everything.

It takes a very high tide to bring the sea in as far as it came this afternoon. Again, I thank God for all of the beauty that surrounds us.

Living on the coast is such a gift. I cannot get enough of the pleasures that it gives.

Do you feel the summer slipping away? Have you noticed that the darkness is coming earlier each night? There is always for me a deep sadness that accompanies the coming of the dark and the cold.

I went to the hospital to see Sandy today. I made my way to the CCU and she had already been moved to a room. It is amazing how well she has done.....even the doctors can't believe her progress. I just attribute it to prayer because God is the one who heals.

We had no rain today......only wind and lots of really heavy humidity (the amount of water vapor in the air; moisture, dampness is the official definition). Fay may have spun over by the gulf, but her tropical touch is still here in Savannah.

Lastly, how many of you remeber the song "Muskrat Love"? I heard it today for the first time in many years......I love that song!

Wish I could remember the words.

to all who read.....thanks, cathy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cathy,
here's a website for lyrics

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/a/america/muskrat+love_20007112.html

Donna

Cathy Cleland said...

Thanks Donna, I have the lyrics to Muskrat Love in my hands....