Monday, August 4, 2008

kindness

I accidentally deleted last night's blog and it seems to be gone forever.

Tonight the computer will not let me upload my pictures.......I will try again when I finish writing.
Computers are wonderful, but they are also very tempermental......They need to be treated with kid gloves.

I have learned not to get angry at the machine and just go with whatever it wants to do.

As most of us know, life doesn't always go the way we want it too. There are events that come and completely change the course of our lives.......an unexpected illness, a death, financial difficulties, circumstances that cause you to rethink everything you've ever known.

Life on this earth is very tenuous to say the least....without Christ it would be hopeless.

As I visited a very sick friend today, I thought about how important we are to each other in the scheme of the living of our lives.

Jesus has provided everything we need for life and godliness. One of His grace gifts to us are other people. The people he has put into our lives to journey along with us.

Do we realize how important it is to nurture those people that God has given us to be our friends?

Are we kind to those people? Do we think of them often and pray for them? Do we know and care about the things that they are going through?

Kindness is one of the fruits of God's Spirit which inhabits true believers.

Kindness is a word I love to say......kindness is something I love to receive. I always tell Bubba......all I want is for you to be kind to me.

Kindness means benevolence, doing good to others, compassion.

It is a soothing word.......it roles easily from the lips. It should role easily from the heart as well.

Cathy

No comments: