Monday, August 11, 2008

on being sick and things like that

One phenagin was all it took to knock me and the vomiting out. Unbeknownst to me, Bubba had accumulated a few extras of this medicine from Amanda back when she was so ill with her pregnancy.

At 6:30 am yesterday morning after suffering all night, Bubba presented me with the gift of one of these pills. I slept on and off all day long. I know that was the best pill I have ever taken.

I am better today, the fever is gone, but I still feel sickly.......I can tell all is not right with my innards.

What is interesting about an illness like this is what it does to my mind. Everything seems to be the worst it can possibly be in every situation that could possibly be going on in my life. I needed a cleansing today....a shower and a return to God's Word.

It takes daily worship....reminding myself of what is true and right and good. A day off and an illness gives Satan plenty of room to roam about my brain and cause me to think disparaging thoughts.

Knowing that this is a dangerous time for me I love this verse:

"Submit therefore to God, resist the devil and he will flee from you." James 4:8

Another of God's practical promises that can save one from despair.

getting better, cathy

Thanks for comments, e-mails, and phone calls......you all are the best!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea!!!Cathy's back. Glad you are
better, thanks for the good words.