Saturday, August 2, 2008

the pathway to the beach

This is the pathway from our beach house to the beach. Those are our blue umbrellas.......the ones we sat in all day long to enjoy the cool ocean breezes.

It was a most relaxing vacation and we arrived back home today filled with good memories of the time we spent at the beach. I have more pictures to send along in the days to come.

Bubba and I went to Harbor Town this morning where we walked around looking at the big yachts and stopping in a few stores. I bought two new books for my grandbabies. We had lunch at the Sea Shack.....it is off the beaten path, but it has some of the best seafood on the island. The lines are always long, but it's so worth the wait.

Out by the pool every morning I was able to have such a wonderful time with the Lord. His word is meant to build us up and strengthen us to face the day.

I read this one morning and I thought........I need to share this with my readers:

Psalm 84: 11 "For the Lord God is a sun and a shield; the Lord gives grace and glory; no good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly."

No good thing......."no good thing does He withhold. " from who?

Those who walk uprightly......who are those who walk this way? Those who walk in the righteousness of Jesus seeking God in His word and doing what it says.

Praise God from whom all "good things" come.

Cathy

1 comment:

Allison said...

thanks for these words from Scripture. they are a real blessing to me.