Wednesday, August 20, 2008

the prayer of a righteous person

James 5:16b ".........The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working."

I would like to ask all of you to pray fervently for my friend Sandra. Tomorrow at 8:30am she will have surgery to repair three or four of the arteries to her heart.

I spoke to her just a few minutes ago and she sounded strong and resolved.....

The verse above is a comfort.......we as believers (made righteous by the blood of Christ Jesus) are promised that our prayers have great power. We don't pray in vain.......we pray with the knowledge that God hears and puts power behind our supplications.

Our pastor on Sunday started his sermon with these words which I love....."We as believers must learn to highly value God's word and seek to understand it."

As I make my way slowly through the book of Revelation, I am truly amazed at the blessing of understanding that the Lord has given me. (I am starting chapter 19)

God's word is for us....He wrote it so that we could be aware of His plan from the beginning until the end........and it is a perfect plan, exciting, taking the best of care of His chosen ones.

Please pray with me tonight for Sandy........

cathyc

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll start now.