Friday, February 5, 2010

blow the house down

Great gusts slamming against the big window.
The wind last night was actually scary......the shut bedroom door was rattling on it's hinges.

In town just now I turned on Paulson Street which is notorious for flooding and had to drive through deep water. Thankfully my brakes still worked as I emerged from the depths.

I so much wish I could be in DC tonight in our eleventh floor apartment and watch the snow fall and mound up on the deck. They say it may even break the record set way back in 1922.

Weather......I just love it.....I love a good storm here at the beach.

I'm watching the big ships head into the Savannah River basin shrouded in fog and I'm hearing the foghorns breaking the silence of the deserted beach. The ocean is agitated, a mass of gray and white frenzy.

I spent some time at the hospital today. While my friend Sandy had her surgery, I had a delightful time catching up with Kellie and Robert while we waited for her to be done. She did well and I am thankful.

A couple of things to a few of my people......

Amanda, has the snowfall started yet?

Estelle....you rock on facebook!!

Harry, you left your gingerbread man in my car yesterday.

Kellie, I love your blog books.....You have inspired me to get mine done.

Lou, I hope you are continuing to improve.

Aunt Jackie.....can you believe that Dad is going to assisted living?

Bubba, thank you for the chocolate chewies.

Anna and Tony, its almost time for you to come to the beach for the "romantic" getaway. "

I love life.....it is always such a great adventure.

cathyc

No comments: