Saturday, February 6, 2010

eyes to get lost in

Tybee Island hosted its sixteenth annual half marathon and 9K race today. It was well done and well run. Seemed like the middle of summer with so many people here to participate.

Our church hosted a woman's conference last night and this morning. It was good to be with everyone singing and hearing the word of God proclaimed in a most powerful way. The four chapters of the book of Jonah provided a time of introspection that was both compelling and sobering for me.

Amanda and Mark got another six inches of snow and are trying to decide if they need to keep the church doors closed again tomorrow. Mark and the man who plows the parking lot will meet there at nine tonight to make the decision. I'm guessing they'll plow and hope the faithful will be able to get there in the morning.

"But the Lord hurled a great wind upon the sea, and there was a mighty tempest on the sea."
Jonah 1:4

It is God who hurls the storms into our lives.
It's how we deal with those storms that makes us who we are.

cc

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Precious baby! Beautiful eyes. Speaking of eyes, how are you doing? Hope you are seeing improvement.

Love,
Margaret

cathy said...

I think I am getting better by small increments each day. My sight is nowhere near where it was when I had the shot that caused the infection. I am hopeful that more sight will return eventually.

Thanks for asking, Margaret. I hope all is well with you and your family.