Sunday, February 14, 2010

He answers

I was sitting in my big chair this morning,
looking out at the calm ocean and the sunrise just beyond,
wrapped in my huge, warm, cozy, pink, morning sweater.

I was sitting there thinking about how many prayers God has answered in the last few weeks.

As I recounted in my head I was amazed.
God had been silent on a lot of issues in the last years.
I knew he was hearing my prayers and that he was working on hearts,
but His silence had become difficult for me.

All during this quiet time, though, I was learning to trust Him;
My faith was growing stronger and not weaker.
When He finally spoke, it was profound.
He left no shards of doubt in my heart that He had been near all along.

"Answer me when I call, O God of righteousness!
Thou hast relieved me in my distress;
Be gracious to me and hear my prayer."
Psalm 4:1

"In the morning, O Lord, Thou wilt hear my voice;
In the morning I will order my prayer to Thee and eagerly watch."
Psalm 5:3

"The Lord has heard my supplication,
The Lord receives my prayer."
Psalm 6:9

"In my distress I called upon the Lord,
And cried to my God for help:
He heard my voice out of His temple,
And my cry for help before Him came into His ears."
Psalm 18:6

Bubba and I don't do Valentine's Day.
Flowers and dining out are so inflated and the crowds and noise prevail.
I know that he loves me and that is all I need to know.
cathy

No comments: