Monday, June 2, 2008

cherish is the word

I like music.......the oldies and the new ones. Bubba and I were in Johnny Harris' the other night and they were playing songs from my dating era. This was before Bubba came into my life.

The song was "Cherish." It was a "summer romance." I thought I was in love with the boy.
He had a turquoise blue Mustang and this was "our song." The "romance" didn't last long. It ended on the beach at Hilton Head on a beautiful September Saturday afternoon. He broke my heart and I thought it would never heal. It did!

Bubba and I always laugh when we hear that song. He knew the guy and it wasn't long after that sorrowful breakup that he asked me out.

It is amazing the memories that song brought back. I hadn't thought of that time of my life in years and then all of a sudden I remember it all. One song.......

On Wednesday we leave for Lanexa, VA to see the babies that live there. Bubba and I are going to keep them while Amanda and Mark go on a little R&R. And then on Monday we are going to Washington DC for a couple of days. Amanda and I are so excited to get to go back. She wants to go shopping for bargains for her business and I just want to go shopping and to Sweetwater Cafe.

I am reading the "Reagan Diaries." Very interesting.....highly recommend. I just finsihed JC Ryle's "Are You Ready For The End Times" written in 1872. Amazing how relevant it is for today. More on that later.

I start another year of my blog. So many of you give me such good feedback and I'm thankful.

I tried to undelete my pedicure blog with no success. Not many people got to read it before I sent it to the trash heap. I will keep trying to find it and will republish after editing the last line. I've had several calls relating to it's absence.

Have one of those marvelous evenings and thank the Lord for it. c

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your trip and don't forget to
check out the Talbot shop if you go that way.
ecd

Anonymous said...

I had to reset my pswd, you can delete this message after you
receive it.
ESTELLE