Friday, June 27, 2008

the results

Earlier this week bubba sent out a political survey to determine how liberal or conservative you are. The top score and most conservative would be a score of 40.

The absolute most conservative member of our family was Erika* who scored a perfect "40."

Erika 40*
David 38
Bubba 37
Robbie C. 37
Keith 36
Cathy 34
Sally 33
Estelle 31
Teri 29
Mark 28
Rita 24
Mitch 21

All is well here in Arlington Heights. We have gotten a ton done today.
Our van will be packed to the max when we leave Sunday morning and try to make it as far as Atlanta.

Only one casualty. Harry pulled a really nice pie plate off of the table and it broke into a thousand pieces. It didn't seem to bother him one little bit.

We are tired, spent.......in a good way.

Has anyone considered the miracle of God to sell this house so quickly in this depressed economy and when a bunch of other houses in this neigborhood still sit with their "for sale" signs blowing in the wind?

We are amazed at His work on our behalf.

From the packers.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a comment on the political scoring... some of the question presented difficult dilemmas so that I had to make up a choice (USPS vs. Joint Chiefs--both are federal gov and I have little confidence in either)and so my conservative score was, I fear, under reported:)

Keith

RealCuriousAboutTruth said...

I can see, in retrospect, that my comment (above), which I intended to be humorous has come across as humorless and has been misconstrued (most likely because I did a poor job of communicating). I have the highest respect for the military in both times of peace and times of war.

Were it not for the military, we would not be secure today, or even exist as they have ably defended this country from its inception and do so now.

I meant to convey that there are times where they are un-necessarily fettered by the political process and as a conservative I find this politicization unfortunate.

I am pro-military and pro-gulf war.

In any event, I'd like to apologize for communicating anything to the contrary. Obviously, the fault is mine as I communicated carelessly.

I hope that all will forgive me. The fault is my own.

Keith