Friday, June 20, 2008

happy birthday amanda




June 20, 1976 - Sunday - Father's Day

We were having a feast at Papa and Gi's house to celebrate.

It was 10 days after your arrival date. We had decided you were not coming anytime soon.

On Saturday I had scrubbed both bathrooms and vacuumed the floor. We had just moved in to our brand new home on Wilmington Island.

About 3:00 am I woke up in pain. Bubba and I made our way to St. Joesphs in the wee hours of the morning.

You were born at 1:30 pm right in the middle of what would have been our Father's Day celebration.

I had been told all through my pregnancy that I would have another boy. It took me a while to believe the news that my dream had come true. When I saw you for the first time I was overwhelmed with gladness. You weighed 7" 13" and were 20 inches long.

Soon the room was filled with pink flowers and tiny little pink dresses. Little did I know it then, but my joy had just begun.

That was 32 years ago. Today I cherish you more than then. You are my daughter and my true friend. I have watched you go through so many difficult times in your life and I have been amazed at how you have dealt with each trial in a mature and godly way. I have watched you grow in the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

To see the wife and mother you are today gives testimony to the working of the Holy Spirit in your life and I give all the praise to Him.

You are a treasure to all who know you.

Enjoy today.....I know you will.

Love, your mom

ps.....send the dates for Sept. so that I can block off the condo for you all.






2 comments:

amanda h said...

Thank you so much for the very kind blog. I am just as thankful to have a mother like you. I hope our relationship continues to grow for many more years to come. I love you!

Cathy Cleland said...

thank you.....mom