Sunday, June 15, 2008

happy fathers day

I bought this little outfit and the saddle oxfords that Jake has on. If you ask him to pose for a picture, he gets very upset. It took three separate disciplines to get a halfway good shot. This is not one of them
This is a picture of Eli at the Embassy Suites Hotel. He was mesmerized by this floor to ceiling mirror that was in the bedroom. He spent much of his time staring at himself.

After the boat ride we spent some time at the playground by the river.
Jake was very happy for this photo, but cried when we told him it was time to leave.
Consensus: It is very hard to be three.


Now this is a very happy little "swinger." Notice how his left hand is balled up.
One more thing about Eli....he is getting teeth and he is able to bite his food.
It's raining everywhere but here. The sky is dark and I just heard thunder, but no rain for us. It will wait until I go out for my bike ride in a little bit. I love storms and there hasn't been one in a while. I sure hope this materializes.
I probably shouldn't be on this computer during this thunderstorm. If everything suddenly blacks out, you will know what happened.
I bought Jake some sunglasses when we were in Washington. Amanda says that he loves them, but instead of putting the legs of the frame behind his ears, he puts them over them. That must be very uncomfortable. She said when he put them on yesterday, he said, "These are grammy's glasses."
Lucy just called Bubba to wish him a Happy Father's Day. She couldn't ever get it out, but she did manage to say "I love you" before she hung up.
Having a bike has revolutionized my life. I didn't particularly like walking and would find any excuse not to exercise. Now I can hop on and pedal for 30 to 45 minutes, break a good sweat, burn off some calories, and it is all pleasurable for me. Plus it is fun to be out and about in the neighborhood. I highly recommend.
Just a reminder......don't forget to read you Bible every. If you don't understand it keep reading. Ask God to give you understanding. He will.
Sincerely....cathy

No comments: