Thursday, June 26, 2008

our drive north

After:

two and one half "knock down drag outs"

two small zip lock bags of boiled peanuts

one major thunderstorm

one small dairy queen ice cream

one really bad meal at Cracker Barrel

several $4. 17 a gallon tanks of gas

one heavenly bed at the hampton inn

six John mcArthur CDs about the end times

and over 1,000 miles,

we finally made it to Arlington Heights earlier this afternoon.

We got our Lou Malnati's Pizza for dinner and it was unbelievably good. Bubba and David are cleaning out the garage and I am writing this blog. I've seen another heavenly bed upstairs into which I will be heading into very soon.

There is lots of work to do here and the temperature and humidity feel like we are still in Savannah.

Please, if you haven't already sent in your score to the political question that Bubba sent out....Amanda, Sally, Teri, etc. please do so quickly. We are waiting to publish them.

I do like Bubba's new glasses. The lady at the store helped him pick them out. They are fitting because they are aviator glasses and that's why I like them.

The funniest sign that I saw on the trip was this one in front of a beautiful farm:

USED COWS FOR SALE

Please tell me what a person would do with a used cow???

From the traveler.....cathy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad you made it safely, get some rest!!!!
ECD