Sunday, June 1, 2008

June 1, 2008

It was on June 11th of 2007 that I started writing this blog.

As of this post I have blogged 335 times.

In October of 2007 David installed the sitemeter for me. As of this morning there have been 8,614 hits on it.

If I were to go back and run off these posts I would have a book of the last year of my life.

All of the day yesterday I mulled over whether or not I should keep writing. This is what I decided:

My goal is to point people to the God of the Bible and His son Jesus Christ.

I want to encourage everyone to read His word every day and seek Him diligently in prayer.

These are good and worthy goals and I am confident in them.

I apologize for any offense that my writing may bring to my readers.

I write my life story........what I do, where I go, how it affects me and those I hang around with.
Whatever I write I want to convey how God's word permeates my life.

Occasionally I may overstep the bounds of what is acceptable......thanks for calling such to my attention.

What I love most about the blog is your interaction with me through comments, e-mails, phone calls, and in person. I would miss all of this if I quit writing.

So.................I will continue because I want too. I think I would be lost without this pleasure.

Thanks for reading.....let me hear from you.

Yours truly, cathy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I love your blog
and keep up the good work.

Aunt J

Cathy Cleland said...

Wow! You learned how to leave comments. I'm impressed!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy,

I have missed reading your blog. My mom has been ill and I have not had access to my laptop where I have you listed as "one of my favorites". I just got my repaired laptop back and couldn't wait to catch up on your blog.

I think there are so many people who read your blog who are both inspired and touched by your honest sharing. Your love of our Lord shines through all aspects of your life. Your words and reflections have carried me through many days and have helped me to grow in my faith.

Please, please tell me how you view this quote "perfect love casts out fear". I read these words and I reflect on them and still I don't really grasp this concept. I struggle with fear like any middle age woman with children in college and leaving home and all the fears associated with caring for elderly parents. Does your faith help you with anxiety and fear? I read Matthew and know that God wants me to trust and not to worry and yet I feel that I am somehow falling short because if I had perfect trust and love, it would cast out my fears. Tell me how the word of the Lord helps you deal with fear. Also when reading about how we are free in the love of God and how God's love is freedom. What is meant by that?

I will be starting a Bible study in September. All three of our boys will be away at college by August 20th. We will have our first taste of being "empty nesters". I have never been to a Bible study, so I am both nervous and excited.

Hope all is well with you and Bubba. Having your son move close to you is truly a blessing. Your grandbabies are precious...............but you already know that!

I just want to share my appreciation because I love your blog.

Margaret

Cathy Cleland said...

Margaret....It is so good to hear from you again. Sorry to hear about your mom...i hope she is better now. I will e-mail you with answers to your questions and maybe will do a blog on the subject. Cathy

Anonymous said...

CATHY, YOUR BLOG IS AS IT SAYS "YOUR BLOG", IF ANYONE FINDS IT OFFENSIVE THEY CAN JUST STAY AWAY.
SO GLAD THAT YOU HAVE DECIDED TO
CONTINUE. I LOVE THE BIBLE LESSONS BUT ALSO THE DAY TO DAY HAPPENINGS IN
YOUR LIFE AND THE LIFE OF ALL THE FAMILY. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
ECD

amanda h said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amanda h said...

Keep the blogs coming!! I look forward to them eveyday!!!