Tuesday, June 10, 2008

the heart of a child

We are in Washington, our former place of residence. We are staying at the Embassy Suites at Tyson's Corner.

It is a privilege to bring our two grandsons on this adventure.

I think that Jake is like his dad Mark in his love for hotels. It all seems like magic to him. He calls it a castle. This is why I love children so much.......

Experiencing life through the eyes of a child........."the wonder of it all." I guess that was one of the reasons I chose to be a teacher. Children keep you "thinking young," and that, my dear friends is the secret to being happy.

This morning at breakfast Jake came running up to me and said breathlessly, "Grammy, you are a genius." Now we all know that is not true, but he sure made my day.

Granddaddy and Jake are off together at this moment. You know, to do some man things. It is nice that the little guy has gotten to the point where those two can really enjoy themselves.

To "think like a child" means that we see the wonder and excitement in everything. Looking at the sky still amazes, standing by the ocean still fills with awe, Christmas still thrills. It's having the heart of a child. You are still teachable. You rise at 6 am ready to see what the new days holds. Everything is an adventure.

Jesus said; "Suffer the little children to come unto me."
"Unless you come as a child........................."

There's a teaching there for us..............cathy

3 comments:

Mark Hollingsworth said...

6am?!?

Anonymous said...

I remember when David saw the
Cathedral of St. John the Baptist in
Savannah for the first time and he
said to me, "there is Cinderella's Castle". That was on one
of his excursions to downtown Savh with me before he was school age.
"The eyes of a child"
Have a safe trip back to home base
today.

Cathy Cleland said...

To Mark......well maybe 6:30.