Monday, June 23, 2008

please read this whole blog:)


If you look closely at these pictures you will not see the lightening.
I sat out back yesterday evening for a long while. My goal was to take pictures of the lightening that was putting on a dazzling show just off on the horizon.
Every time there was a beautiful streak I took a picture but I never captured the flash.
I wonder why? It flashed faster than I could press the button. If I only could have anticipated the exact moment it would flash. How do people get those amazing pictures of the lightening?
I will say, "timing is everything."
"The clouds poured out water; the skies gave off a sound; Thy arrows flashed here and there. The sound of Thy thunder was in the worldwind; the lightenings lit up the world; the earth trembled and shook." Psalm 77: 17&18
I'm reading from the book of Revelation, the book that comes with the promise that if you read it you will be blessed. Not with riches of silver or gold, but with spiritual riches of knowledge and understanding of the things of God.
The church at Philadelphia was called the "faithful church." Jesus had no words of condemnation for them. He did have these words:
1. You have a little power. (spiritual power from the Holy Spirit to stand firm in Christ and
do the work of His service.)
2. You have kept My word. (obedience to the word of God; you have done what the Bible says)
3. You have not denied My name. (not denying the name of Christ often brought death)
"Because of your perserverance, I will also keep you from the hour of testing, that hour which is about to come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell upon the earth."
Jesus told them that He will "keep them from the hour of testing." They will be taken up to be with Him before the time of tribulation on this earth begins.
I wonder how many people skip the blogs that I write that contain Scripture?
Whenever you have opportunity, read the word of God. It contains everything you need to know about life. All of the questions that you want to know the answers to are in this book. Sit down and read it from cover to cover. Read it slowly and ask the Most High God to give you understanding. It may take you a year or two years. Perservere.
My heart longs to tell people about Christ. I will always be available to do that.
Love, Cathy

1 comment:

Allison said...

I saw you had a blog on facebook and WOW this is a really good one! My blog is www.allisonraestroud.blogspot.com so pop on by if you like :)