Saturday, August 29, 2009

cousins forever


Bubba and I took Estelle down to St. Augustine for a couple of days of rest and relaxation at Bobbye's beautiful beachfront condo. While this hen party took place, we left and enjoyed our own little getaway.
This picture was taken just before we returned to Savannah yesterday afternoon.
All of these smiling faces except for me are first cousins.
That would be Bobbye, Connie, Estelle, and Bubba.
I heard that they did a lot of good eating, talking, and laughing, as well as playing scrabble into the wee hours. I can vouch for the eating as Bobbye made some of the best shrimp salad I've had in a long time.
Such sweet hospitality was shown by these gracious ladies, and it was nice to meet Phyllis, Estelle's roommate for the stay.
In spite of the frequent rain we all managed to have a wonderful time. Bubba even found a small hotel for sale that he wants to buy and refurbish....now won't that be an adventure!!!
Thanks you all......we had fun!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Cathy for the writeup, a good time was had by all.
The woman in the pink shirt looks like she got stuck in a wind tunnel,,,,,HA!!!!!!!
Estelle

Connie Regis said...

Cathy,
Finally I have read your wonderful blog and happy to be included. What a great even through I tried to hire. I have to say this was my favorite week at the beach thanks to Bobbye, Estelle and my friend Phyllis. It was a treat to share some time with you and Bubba. I look forward to the next time. Love, Bubba's younger cousin Connie

Connie Regis said...

Oh my gosh! My first time on a blog and I left out the word 'Picture' in the line 'What a great...Oh well, perfection hasn't been my strong point.
Connie