Monday, August 3, 2009

a mere breath

A sweet lady that I have been praying for for four months died this afternoon. My daughter worked with her when we lived in Atlanta. She and her husband were hit by a car while crossing a street on a lovely Saturday evening back on April 4th. Both were seriously injured.

I have been following an on-line blog daily in which the family lovingly chronicled the paths they have taken since that fateful day......he through pain and surgeries back to living and she to her untimely death.

How much I could identify with their day by day struggles of watching a loved one suffer in an almost unbearable situation.....of how you put your own life on hold to minister to those in need. Of how each day brings a new roller coaster of emotions.

Most importantly I watched as their faith increased and their trust in God became a tangible thing as it only can when you go through life's deepest, darkest moments.

My life has been touched by their journey and they will never know.

"Lord, make me to know my end,
And what is the extent of my days,
Let me know how transient I am.
Behold, Thou hast made my days as handsbreaths,
And my lifetime as nothing in Thy sight,
Surely every man at his best is a mere breath."
Psalm 39: 4&5

No comments: