Wednesday, August 12, 2009

a downpour and other things

Crazy rain....like none I've ever seen before.
It was blinding on the Tybee causeway as I drove home from town.
The parking garage at the condo was quickly filling with water when I arrived.
I stepped out and the water came up to my ankles.
The elevator was out....
All of the alarms throughout the island were going off....the noise from them unbearable.
Three hours later I still hear lightening and thunder.
I got soaking wet.........couldn't wait to shed my clothes.
I will have to say I have not experienced many like this one.

The 25,000th visitor to my blog was...............Bubba!!
He called me this morning and I told him that I had been watching the number stay at 24,999 for a while. He said, "I'm going to make it go to "25,000." He did and that's that.

I was hoping to have 200 friends on Facebook by today as well, but I only got to 199. Not that I am sad. Facebook is so much fun.....I have hooked back up with high school friends I would have never heard from again.

college friends
students that I taught in third grade
friends from both of the churches that we attended while living in Atlanta
family
friends that I had at the church we formerly attended in Savannah
friends from the church we now attend
even a new friend that I made through my blog
many of Amanda and David's friends

What a hoot keeping up with everybody. I love it!!!

Still thundering.....looks like there is more storm to come.
Glad to be cozy and snug and watching from the inside.

"in all things give thanks." Cathy

No comments: