Thursday, August 27, 2009

posting from the sunshine state

It has rained and rained and it is so humid that it is hard to breathe, but as for me, I am loving every minute of being in Florida (except for the darting lizards). As I sit here at the computer, I am looking out over a choppy ocean and very gray, low hanging clouds. Later on this afternoon the antique shops beckon, but right now I rest and write.

I heard from a blog reader the other day as I do quite frequently.....
A forever friend who takes the time to stop by and keep up with my life.
That she wrote to me means so much.
She knows my heart and always has.
You know who you are.
We really need to sit on the beach all day and talk......:)

I have quite a bit of sadness in my life because of my father. I have to work really hard every day to fight against the depression that wants to come in and steal my joy and my life. I have struggled with that beast for over thirty years.

Each new day is a battle, but God, His word, my husband, two godly counselors (pastors), and all of you who love me keep me going. (the counselors help me to think rightly about what has happened in the situation with my dad, and sister)
Thank you!

On a lighter note, earlier I went into a little boutique and bought the most beautiful new top.
It is so much fun when I find that one "special thing." It is not like anything I have.

By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea........ crazy wildness out there tonight. I think it must be Danny kicking up those waves.

Good crab bisque and some homemade rolls for dinner at a place called "The Sunset Grille" out on the beach off of A1A.

cathy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.