Sunday, August 16, 2009

depth of mercy

Depth of mercy! Can there be, mercy still reserved for me?
Can my God His wrath forbear - me the chief of sinners spare?

I have long withstood His grace,
Long provoked Him to His face,
Would not harken to His calls,
Grieved Him by a thousand falls.

Now incline me to repent,
let me now my sins lament,
Now my foul revolt deplore,
Weep, believe, and sin no more.

There for me my Savior stands,
Holding forth His wounded hands,
God is love! I know, I feel,
Jesus weeps and loves me still

Charles Wesley 1707 - 1788

I found this old hymn quite by chance.
It spoke volumes to me.
I thought I would share it with you tonight.

I was grieving on my bed over sin .
I got up and found these words of hope and comfort.

Maybe there is someone else out there tonight who needs to hear about the depth of God's mercy to us who believe.

cathy

No comments: