Thursday, August 13, 2009

vintage toys


I kept all of David and Amanda's toys from the seventies....they are in great condition.
Our grand babies play with them all of the time.
The train is missing one car because its coupling device is gone. Bubba has been commissioned to find a replacement part, but that hasn't happened yet. All of us adults cringe when a baby is pulling this up and down the long hallway. It makes an annoying noise.
The cash register is missing its money. That was always the first thing that Harry went to and he always put the coins right into his mouth. The were hidden and subsequently lost in the move.
I have bought new toys, but these having enduring qualities.
Another night of thunderstorms playing out over the ocean. Sky to water lightning strikes make for some beautiful entertainment.
"The Mighty One,
God the Lord,
speaks and summons the earth from the rising of the sun to its setting." Psalm 50:1
God controls and is sovereign over all the earth all the time!
awed and inspired by that truth.....
cathy

2 comments:

Allison said...

I had that Little People's dollhouse, too! It was my favorite. I also had the treehouse!!!

cathy said...

Hi Allison....I hope you are doing well and that you will soon find a job. I follow you along everywhere you go....Believe it or not my boy grands like the dollhouse better than Lucy.