Thursday, August 6, 2009

its already thursday

I thank God for my daughter.....she helps me so much to keep everything in perspective.

She is helping me to think realistically about what is going on with my dad. She reminded me that this is "just a season" in my life that will end and that God may yet allow a time for Bubba and I to minister to him, both physically and spiritually as we moved back to Savannah to do

I think....know that she is more level-headed that I am in many things. Her depth of maturity amazes me. She has suffered so much, but comes out of all of these trials with a deeper faith and trust in God. And she is funny and makes me laugh and that, dear readers, is what I NEED.

I can't believe it is already almost time for her to go home.

We spent the morning in the pool. Lunch was served to us under a big red umbrella on the pool deck. Everyone is napping now, but I felt the need to blog. Bubba is picking up fresh shrimp to cook tonight and then it will be down to the beach to build sand castles.

For me these are glorious times with Amanda and Jake and Eli. I do not have adequate words to describe my blessings from my Father. What a rich full life He has entrusted me with.

To be filled with joy in your own heart.....fill other's hearts with joy and gladness.

"The Lord is good,
a stronghold in the day of trouble,
and He knows those who take refuge in Him." Nahum 1:7

cathy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amanda is a blessing to all who
knows her, she knows how to cheer everyone up, thinking of others
first.