Monday, August 10, 2009

island hopping




I wish there was a way that all of you could see the island tonight....The sky is so blue without a cloud anywhere to be seen. The marsh grass is as green as I've ever seen it, and the water is the same color as the sky. Breathtaking!!
Last week while Amanda was here we did some island hopping. We left Tybee Island and went to St. Simon's Island. There are many islands up and down the coast of Georgia and they are all worth visiting.
Tonight's blog is about a purchase I made over there. Now most beach shops contain mostly junk, but this shop was really classy......nice things for beach houses.
I purchased the rope string of starfish that you see above. Along with a string of garden lights from Target I could envision a nice display.
Today was installation day.
My first mistake was not waiting for Bubba and a ladder. Soon into the process I busted one of the light globes and glass went everywhere.
Standing in the baby high chair I managed to bust two more of the lights before I even got started.
Have you ever tried to hammer a nail into plaster walls? My thumb is black and blue from the effort.
What is the best place to hold extra nails? The mouth, of course.......I put four in and had only three when I went to use them. I still don't know where the other one went.
Finally, after busting one more light, I finished the project and you can see the results above.
I think they look great....what do you think?
island girl cathy


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, in case you find another coment from me I posted one but it
disappeared, Ha!
Congratulations you went over the 25000 mark.
I love the new decorations!!
ecd

Anonymous said...

nepotism

cathy said...

I am assuming that the second comment refers to the blog entitled "downpours......" where I mentioned that Bubba was the 25,000th visitor.
How dare him knowingly becoming # 25,000.