Sunday, August 30, 2009

the hotel

In yesterday's blog I mentioned that Bubba had found a hotel he wanted to buy and restore. Well....here it is. It is on Vilano Beach in Florida and it is oceanfront. I'm thinking more about turning it into a quirky bed and breakfast. What do you think?

There are so many possiblities..............

The sand on this beach is golden orange instead of the white gray on the beach here at Tybee. I found a shell that revealed the reason:

The sand on the beach is the color of the predominant shell of the area.
Sand is made of shells that have been ground up by the continuous motion of the waves.

Therefore I decided that the perfect name for the hotel would be "Golden Sands."

I brought that shell home and put it in my shell display.

If you have any suggestions for this project or would like to be a part of this endeavor just let me know.

cathy

1 comment:

Allison said...

My uncle is an attorney in Jacksonville if you need one for the sale :) My parents also know a ton of people in Jacksonville so let us know if you need to know anything a/b the area!! I know exactly where that hotel is as I've driven along Vilano on my way to Caps on the Water...my favorite seafood place!!!