Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"America....love her or saddle up"

Falls church, VA....
One of my favorite places.
Yesterday I got to shop for a few things for our new home.
I see something and spend time thinking about how it will look a particular room.
I may set the object down and then come back to it later, or maybe the next day.
Shopping is definitely mental work for me.
I walked in shops from ten until four.

Sweetwater Tavern....
I mentioned this place before.
I think just maybe it might be my most favorite restaurant ever.
It is themed "Old~Wild West."
The title of this blog is posted on a wall there.
Their crab cakes are nothing but pure lumps of white crab meat.
The chopped salad is over the top.
I always come away with deep satisfaction.

Cake Love....
How could i forget the best cupcakes I've ever eaten.
When I reached a real low yesterday afternoon, I bought half a dozen......
and they aren't cheap.
I sat right down and ate one and it made all the difference in the world in how I felt.
These folks really know how to make cake and frosting.......
and make it all work in a most delectable way.


By 7:30 pm I couldn't get into the bed fast enough.
I slept for eleven hours.
It felt good.

I came here exhausted.
It is always very good to get away for a few days.

Thank your Lord for this little respite.
We pick up Jake & Eli tomorrow and head for home.
Life is sweet!!

cathyc

No comments: