Saturday, March 13, 2010

diamonds are forever


Bubba told me the other day that I was doing some stupid things.
I wasn't too happy with him for saying that but I knew it was true.

What with moving and working at dad's house I have been on overload........
too much on my mind~too many irons in the fire.

My diamond earrings are two of my very most favorite possessions.
Every morning after my shower and before I head out the door I put them on.

Thursday was overwhelming.....

Thursday evening while taking off my earrings I noticed that the back was still in the container where they rest at night.

My heart sank and my stomach lurched.
I had on one earring and the other ear lobe was empty.
In my hurry to leave that morning, I had stuck the diamond in my ear and not attached the back.

Needless to say.....it was not secured.

I put on my glasses and searched the carpet inch by inch with a magnifying glass.
No diamond.......
I called Bubba and told him what had happened.

He said profoundly, "Life will go on without it."

Yesterday I searched everywhere I had been the day before to no avail.
I must come to grips with the truth.....only one ear would now sport a diamond.
I prayed that God would help me find my "needle in a haystack."

Last night was my first night in our new home.
I went to bed early from exhaustion telling myself, "Cathy, you can't hold on this tightly to a worldly possession.

As I was drifting off I heard Bubba running up the stairs and bounding down the hall.
Bursting into the shut doors to the bedroom he said, "I just found your diamond."

He was barefoot in the kitchen getting a snack and he felt a pain in his foot.
It was my diamond.
Of all the places I had been that day, (I can't remember them all) it was right here in my new home in the middle of my kitchen floor.

God is in the tiny little details of our lives....

cathy (grateful and amazed)

1 comment:

Allison said...

wow..this really spoke volumes to me :) thanks for sharing!