Monday, March 1, 2010

he's sick

I knew he was sick before he did this morning.

It's an instinct you have when you live with someone for almost forty years.
You know the sounds and the scenarios of his life very well.

By 7:oo am Bubba was in major distress.
I did what every loving wife would do under these circumstances.....
I got dressed, put a load in the van,and left........ only just now to return.

He needed to be alone in his misery.
I did hand him a wet washcloth on the way out of the door.
He appeared to be thankful, but I really couldn't tell for sure.

No, I am not a cold, callous woman.
I just know that he wants me to go and leave him to be miserable by himself.

We only talked once, late this afternoon.
He called and said he needed more Imodium.
I was more than happy to help in this way.

He is better tonight....
just kind of sleeping it off.

I hope he does not have to write one of these about me tomorrow night.
cc

No comments: