Wednesday, March 31, 2010

glass capades

All of the windows and doors in my house are wide open,
the air feels like velvet,
and I am simply happy in my heart.

The above picture is our little outside eating area off of the kitchen.
Those are Bubba's legs in case you are wondering.

This morning I took my Dad on an outing.
We went to breakfast and to the bank and to buy a flower for moma's grave.
We had a good time.
I rejoice that God has restored my relationship with him.

Afterwards I decided to go down to the beach to get a few things from the condo.

I have a beautiful, heavy, wrought iron candle burning chandelier.
There are twelve glass votive holders.
It was hanging over the glass topped pineapple table that we eat on.

Mistake #1....I decided to get it down myself instead of waiting for help from the guy who owns those legs in the picture above.

Mistake #2.....I didn't go get my small ladder.

About halfway through the project it all came crashing down.
The sound of breaking glass sounded in my ears.
I thought, "I've gone and done it now."

This is the amazing part....the table glass did not break.
Nine of the twelve glass votives did break and explode all over the room.
I am so adept at creating messes that have to be cleaned up.
I am very thankful that the tabletop is still intact.
Bubba doesn't know about this yet.
I'm gonna wait and let him read it on here.

There is great joy in Christ!
I am so thankful for my salvation.
Thank you Jesus for dying on that cross.

No comments: