Tuesday, June 26, 2007

at the nursing home

The book "Heaven" that I mentioned in my profile is a must read for all of us who are in Christ. It is the most comprehensive on the subject I have ever read. It has made my long afternoons at the nursing home most enjoyable. God knows precisely what I need to read and when.

It is such a joy to have the time to spend with my mom and Nana at this time in their lives. It takes such small gestures to make them comfortable....just a gentle touch and a smile, a kiss on the head or a hug. They feel your presense and it comforts them. Sometimes I just read the Bible out loud....those words are living and I know that they can penetrate the heart even though their minds are weak for understanding.

I left Nana sleeping peacefully, Moma filled with a whole cup of cookies and creme ice-cream, and the bird feeder full for their evening entertainment. Daddy was sleeping in the chair with the sports page in his lap.....

Just another day in this "season" of my life.........Thanks Bubba for letting me be here.....Cathy

To God be the glory great things He has done!

No comments: