Wednesday, June 20, 2007

kitchen faucet

For all of you regular users of the condo 321 I have good news to report. Frankie & family had a mini vacation there while I was gone and while he was relaxing he did some plumbing which in my mind is not very relaxing.

I came in last night to a brand new kitchen faucet and it works perfectly. It is one of those things that I've born with so long that I almost cried when I used it. Washing dishes will no longer be a chore. Thank you, Frankie, so much for doing that for me!!!!! Thank you all for leaving it spotless also. It was a dream to walk into last night.


The air here is as heavy as lead. There is no more joyous throwing open of the doors and windows....listening to the waves while I drift off to sleep. I reluctantly turned on the air that we have to pay for, but it had to be.

I sat on the deck and read a little last dusk at which time a thunderstorm materialized on Daufuskie Island. I watched it start across the ocean but it got dark and I was tired and went on to bed.

It arrived with gusto about an hour later and as the storm was most loudly dancing all around my head I was praying that it wouldn't strike the air unit on the roof. I would have melted in a pool of humidity right there on the bed. It spared the unit and drifted on by and I slept peacefully until first light of morning.

Blessing upon blessing......a thunderstorm at the beach!

Happy thirty-first birthday Amanda. You are much loved.

PS It doesn't cost anything to sign in with google to leave a comment, but i will keep on writing even if you don't.....From the library, Cathy

No comments: