Thursday, June 14, 2007

every once in a while

I lose touch with my impeccable sense of direction. I went to a place I had never been before to do a little Dad's day shopping today. When I departed I thought I was on the right road, but, come to find out, I was heading into more parts unknown. Beginning to get quite hungry, I spotted a favorite of mine from Atlanta...."The Original Pancake House."

I decided to go in and order a "DUTCH BABY." This is a delectable, cooked up, (it takes 20 minutes to cook) mass of batter that comes out looking like a mushroom cloud. It is served with real butter, lemons, and powdered sugar. A cup of their steaming hot coffee with real cream set it off to a tee.

On the way in I picked up a copy of the "Falls Church News-Press" knowing that I would have a long wait. In the paper I found an article by of all people Helen Thomas. I quote her headline, "Reagan Diaries" a must read. She intriqued me enough with her comments to go out and buy it on the spot.

Somebody I know may see it soon in a gift box with his name on it. Maybe he will let me read it first!

After I got my stomach full I found my way back without any problem. I had turned west instead of east. (I had to ask)

I brought some dutch baby home to have in the morning.

1 comment:

Estelle said...

I think that your taste buds lead
you in the wrong direction for a specific reason. Sounds like it was worth traveling a few miles for.
Carrie