Thursday, June 14, 2007

old friends

I spoke with my friend Sandra Rushing last night. Bubba and I and Sandy and Robert double-dated all through our courtship and engagement and continued our close relationship way into our married years. We did everything together. We even enjoyed our last pregnancy together. Her son Brant and Amanda were born about three weeks apart.

Robert has been having trouble remembering things. He has had to quit work. Sandra has
diabetes and has a wound on her foot that won't heal. She was very discouraged. I haven't been praying for them......but I will start.

Bubba wrote me this morning and he too had them on his mind.....the problems that we have pale in comparison. God is kind to remind us to constantly be involved in praise and thanksgiving for our own good blessings and to pray unceasingly for those we love and have shared our lives with.

"A friend loves at all times." Proverbs 17:17

No comments: