Tuesday, October 30, 2007

back in georgia

"This new day....it is a gift for you,
The earth is spinning in it's place because You made it to."

The above is a song by Fernando Ortega that I love.......we listened to it on the road today and it struck me.....each day that we live is a beautiful gift from God and if it wasn't for Him we wouldn't be living it.

We left Louisville this morning at 8:ooam. I beat Bubba's deadline by one hour.

I had one last hold and kiss of little Eli, our wonderful round and smiling grandbaby and we were on our way. Jake said goodbye and waved from the door with the rest of the family.
He is all about the business of play right now.....we just admire him from afar and listen to him talk and talk and talk. Now I will have to wait a little while to see them again. All four of them are precious beyond words.

We drove through a portion of the Great Smokey Mountains as we made our way to Atlanta. The most awesome sight was seeing the mist that rose from the rivers and hid them from view. God's world is the most fascinating place, even in the throes of the curse of sin.

We arrived at the Robert Cleland's home at about 3:00pm. After admiring their always beautiful yard and the always abundant wildlife, I spent some time just relaxing on the sofa. Robbie just informed me that he is fixing steaks tonight and that is very good news.

It is good to be back in Georgia again. I love to travel, but home is Georgia and always will be from the mountains to the ocean.

No comments: