Monday, October 22, 2007

preparing for the road again

The excitement of Saturday gave way to panic yesterday as I began to think, "what in the world are you thinking." Getting back on the road again to make an initial 12 hour trip tomorrow and then miles and miles after that. A sense of dread began to well up in me.

Bubba and I went walking again yesterday afternoon and it was a long one.....too much too fast was my assessment. As we started out I decided to confide my fears to him. He assured me that this would be nothing like my previous trips to drive alone and arrive to be in the unfortunate nursing home situation every day. "This will be a fun trip," he insisted.

So this morning I am again engaged and minimumly excited about our trip. I know it will be great fun because of all the people and babies we will see. It really is a blessing....my mind is just still not thinking right all the time.

Another list.....who wrote this description of himself and his cohorts:

"we have become a spectacle to the world"
"we are fools for Christ's sake"
"we are weak"
"we are without honor"
"we are both hungry and thirsty"
"we are poorly clothed"
"we are roughly treated"
"we are homeless"
"we toil with our hands"
"when we are reviled, we bless"
"when we are persecuted, we endure"
"when we are slandered, we try to conciliate"
"we have become the dregs of all things"
"we have become as the scum of the world"

and we would complain................for today, c

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will be remembering you and the Col. and hope that you have a safe and fun trip as you visit all of the relatives, especially the grands.
Give them a hug for me.
ECD